Monday, July 3, 2017

For those of you that can't wake at 4:30 in the morning.

I find a lot of people don't like to wake up at 4:30 in the morning. But, I believe it sucks. And it should suck. On the flipside of that. I never ran into anyone that was successful because something was easy. The easy thing is clocking in and having someone else tell you what to do on a daily basis. I can't stand having a boss. And whenever I did have a boss...I was taking the initiative of taking MY priorities of work to him/her and there would be no reason for them to be on my back, because I am mission oriented. I have goals, sub-goals, and time hacks.

4:30 when you think about it is just around mid morning. 6AM to be exact. I can remember I used to work in manufacturing and I would get there at 4:30 in the morning. Why? Because, I was the supervisor and there was no way in the world that I would let any of my subordinates tell me where pieces were at and where we were on the production schedule. The normal time to come in was 6:30 and from there the first break was at 9am. There was no way that I would be worth a grain of dirt in production meetings if I didn't have enough information on where pieces were; the status of those scheduled to ship; and how many pieces I got out the door. There was just no way in the world. I was embarrassed in a meeting ONCE. And that's all it took for me to start waking up early.

What I found was astonishing. I was getting to work faster, because there was no traffic. I could walk around the facility at will due to me being one of the few there. My actually work day would be shorter, because I did all of the dirty work early. So I could cruise for the remainder of the day.

The amount of work that I could get done with it being quiet is second to none. I would guarantee that anyone who ever hit the gym early or on a Friday night to explain their experience. It's empty and the quality of work to get done is exponential. There is no way that anyone who has the gym to themselves not have enough time to get the work in. If it's 4 in the afternoon the gym starts to get crowded. And when it's crowded. It backs you up and you have to wait for others to finish sets, etc. That's annoying to me. When my heart rate is pumping I don't want to have a downer by trying to rejuvenate my heart rate.

This method to life works exceptionally well if you are someone who has children. I found that I could never get anything done after 8am. I would have to wait until late night to do entrepreneurial work and then go to work tired as all get out. That didn't last long. And neither will you if you try to go full force everyday. It's just that simple.

Part of the trick is to get to bed early. Taking sleeping pills if you have to. But, get the cycle started now. Forget the fun stuff. You've already done all of that. There is no more time to be wasted. It's time to be a producer and not a consumer. Stop the Netflix and Hulu binging. Save that for days you are breaking. Which shouldn't be anymore than 1 or 2 days a week. Max. Why watch people make money when you could be making it? I never understood that. I know people that have worked numerous hours just to spend it to watch someone else work. With DVR and the social media sites there is no reason that anyone can be out of the loop on what's going on. If you are not ready to kick entertainment to the side. Then, you are not ready. Go with the regular people and make regular money. Check out my friends here on this clip and see what they have to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment