Saturday, July 15, 2017

But I'm too tired to work out! I'm on vacation!!

There I was... traveling on vacation and no destination in sight. The road is starting to get blurry and all I can think about is how good that bed is going to feel when I get there. The more I thought about the palm trees, pools, and fresh seafood. The more I felt like going to sleep at that steering wheel. I had to pull over and get some rest. I tried to get comfortable and I just couldn't get it right in the van. The kids were whiny and the highway food we packed was on empty. I wanted to drink more water, but that would make me stop more and prolong the trip. 

Then. Alas!!! I made it almost 12 hours later! Then we had to check in, get our food, and then the many trips back and forth to get all of the bags in. So this meant that I would need to help get the kids settled, fed, and then finally rest. Right? Wrong! 

Anyone will tell you that to promote energy you need to get moving. I have never been in a car when the heat or air conditioning worked best sitting still. Your body works the same way. Yes I was extremely exhausted and hungry. That's where your mind needs to be counter cultural. Meaning, get out of the leisure mindset. So what did I do? I did what I had to do and hit the gym! After all of the driving, unpacking, and a little fluid. I hit the gym! Was it a long workout? No! It was an effective one. I ran 20 minutes on the hotel treadmill on a very high incline....very fast. Until I couldn't take it anymore. The high intensity took me to sweating in about 7 minutes. Most workouts will take me 15 minutes just to warm up. But, I was on a time schedule to meet family so I squeezed it in. 

The feeling after was complete rejuvenation! I felt like a brand new man and I was ready for 11 more hours of family fun. I felt accomplished so psychologically I was hyped like no other. We went on boats, saw dolphins, and I felt like a responsible adult of taking care of myself. Heck, I even went and raced my teenage son in the pool a few times before bed. 

Here are the benefits:
1. Extra energy
2. A Psychological Boost
3. A great time with family of me being actively involved and not cranky
4. QUALITY SLEEP: Never underestimate how exercise will give you quality sleep. Not just lying in bed rolling for eight hours. But, being out cold for 4 hours will give you all of the energy you need for the next day. The fountain of youth is upon us!

Check out this informative study here.  #TNDO

No comments:

Post a Comment