Monday, August 28, 2017

How to Eliminate Excuses

I think we live in a world of endless excuses. There are those out there that are into almost everything when in conversation with others and they sound like the perfect person. Everyone's an expert on eating right...everyone's an expert on fitness. But, sometimes when I look at their appearance...I have to shake my head at times. The way they described their regimen as the greatest thing since sliced bread. It all sounded so eloquent and precise that I thought they may have eaten soy burgers from birth!

Then, when I happen to follow up with others it is a complete 180 from what I previously heard. Some people are just prone to speak a good game. That's why there are very few that achieve goals that are brought about. Sure, there are setbacks some days. But, that's part of being human. It's all about defeating yourself day in and day out. Fight those urges that tell you to sleep a little longer; I just need a little more rest; I deserve a cheat meal, etc. Get it out of your head now! That's just laziness trying to creep back into your system. There's no room for it. You have no room for laziness. If it came down to it today, what would you have to say about your life? You woke up. Went to work. Then went to sleep. BORING! Don't be that person. It's lame and not an exciting obituary for your kids to read.

As I continued to listen there was one common theme. These great things they boasted about wasn't a priority. Whenever you don't workout, do that business venture, or whatever it is. It's just that...it wasn't a priority. It reminds me of when I was younger and I had a bill to pay. So I would go out and get a job real fast to help offset the cost for my insane lifestyle I really couldn't afford.

I live by the Loose Screw Theory. There are some things that you just shouldn't care about. So what you didn't get enough sleep. Look at what you achieved being awake! Once I started pushing my limits I learned that I truly only need about 5 hours of sleep. Some days only 4! I have been getting so much done that I am on a lifetime high! There's no feeling like it. It will turn into an adrenaline rush that you would want to keep feeling over and over again. We Accurate Step would like for you to get that feeling too.


No comments:

Post a Comment