Sunday, June 25, 2017

You May Have to Start Early

I tell my wife all of the time, "I live a fast paced life and you better keep up." Well the truth behind that is that I do. I am always on the go, doing something. If it's not one hurdle, it's something else. Sometimes I feel like I am just living on a shoestring, just threading along. My wife and I raise eight children, with one on the way out the door. Still, it's bigger than your average American family and we love it. It's never been a problem for us to throw our all into our children. Between the doctors, dentists, teachers, and coaches; we're out all of the time and in some cases we've become the adults of the neighbor. Of course this doesn't have it's drawbacks. I wear at least 3 different hats and that's not including knocking down my own hurdles. I have obligations and sometimes, I may even get frustrated that there aren't enough hours in the day to get things done. I know some you out there are the same way, because you've told me! So for a busy and gainfully employed parent here is what I would suggest. Get started early in the day. No, not the typical 6am early. I am talking about looking at your clock for what it is. 24hours. That's a very long time. Something I've done before was wake up at 4 a.m. It may sound crazy, but the day for me went by even faster when I started at 4 a.m. Think about it, 6am is halfway towards noon! By the time you actually wake up as a "normal person" almost half your day is gone. It waking up early has a multitude of benefits: You have more energy to get things done You have more time to accomplish/work toward your goals Most the world is still quiet. So you can actually hear yourself think. When everyone else is awake you're stuck with dealing with other people's emotions and personalities. I did some research and every successful person that I have read about, gets up at 4am. The Rock for example, wakes up at 4am everyday to do his morning cardio BEFORE doing his 12 hour shoots. But, hey don't take my word for it, try it and let me know what you think. Just a little incentive for you to cut out that TV time and actually get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment